Friday, June 28, 2013

Takakkaw Falls - Yoho National Park

Yoho National Park borders Banff and is home to numerous natural treasures. Dad and I would be spending two days exploring famous Lake O'Hara but on this day we only had a few hours so we hit the main sights that can easily be seen in a few hours and that are located right off the TransCanada Highway.

First up was Takakkaw Falls. A beautiful waterfall nestled amongst the mountains of Yoho. To get to the falls you have to travel along the TransCanada and then travel along a road that winds through the mountains and includes a terrifying switchback. I would not recommend trying to maneuver this road if you are towing anything or if you are in a large camper/trailer.






You can see the Falls from a distance as you approach on the road.




There is a path that leads from the parking lot which is set next to a river to the base of the Falls. It is fairly flat, is paved, and should be accessible. My dad had no desire to go closer to the Falls so he stayed behind at the car with the dogs while the stepmother and I set off for a closer view.






I was scrambling around on the rocks to get a view, not in danger at any time but the stepmother was freaking out. 

Once I had my fill we made our way back to the car. Our next stop would be The Natural Bridge and Emerald Lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment